The City of Montreal has advised University Services that, as of next Tuesday, Nov. 11, and continuing until Nov. 20, the city will conduct construction along Upper McTavish St. (north of Dr. Penfield).
During this period, access to Upper McTavish from Dr. Penfield will be blocked and a detour route will be established from the north at Pine Ave.
Here are some of the details:
- All vehicular and pedestrian access to McGill buildings will remain open (parking and delivery services).
- Vehicles will not have access to Upper McTavish from Dr. Penfield.
- All vehicles will need to use the detour established from the north on Pine Ave.
- Vehicular traffic Upper McTavish will be two-way during this project.
- All parking along Upper McTavish will be prohibited.
- Circulation indications and detour signaling will be provided.
- Flagmen will be present during construction to assist with deliveries and vehicular traffic.
- The western sidewalk will remain accessible to pedestrians.
- Some noise is expected as the result of drilling and construction activities.
- The project is expected to last eight days.
This project is required to create a link for storm water from the retention basin (at the north-east corner of the McTavish-Dr. Penfield intersection) to the existing sewer line on McTavish St. The excavation trench that will be dug on McTavish St. will be localized, and limited to, an area across Upper McTavish St. in front of 3610 McTavish. This construction will be conducted as part of the ongoing construction project at the McTavish reservoir.