On Tuesday, April 28, 2015, during its fourth meeting of 2014-15, the Board of Governors approved the Statutory Selection Committee’s recommendations to promote the following 11 associate professors to the rank of full professor:
- Hassan Benchekroun (Economics)
- Bernard Brais (Neurology & Neurosurgery)
- Alyson Fournier (Neurology & Neurosurgery)
- Fabien Gélinas (Law)
- Juliet Johnson (Political Science)
- Robert Koenkoop (Oncology and Medicine)
- Matthew Lange (Sociology)
- Stephen Liben (Pediatrics)
- Ciriaco Piccirillo (Microbiology)
- Réné Provost (Law)
- Brett Thombs (Psychiatry)
Congratulations to all the professors on this important recognition of excellence in pedagogy and scholarship.
At the same meeting, Dr. Matthias Friedrich was appointed to the rank of full professor (joint) with tenure. Dr. Friedrich has been recruited from Université de Montréal, where he has held the position of tenured professor since 2011.
All 12 appointments are effective May 1, 2015.